Everyone, I am just trying to come up with a cute name for this series of posts that will talk about my end of the month accomplishments/goals. Whimsical and Solace are words that go together-ish, right? Also, I coded part of this and now I get why the block editor is challenging.
I only finished two books: The Girl From the Well and Where Dreams Descend (WDD wasn’t even on my TBR). Both were amazing! However, I was doing so well with this readathon and then I got sidetracked by social media and now I am upset. On a more positive note, I am still going to finish PSON, WAYW, and TGW because they are some of my favorite books of all time
Books I Need to Finish in September
There are too many. Here’s a list:
- A Blade So Black – Since June
- Aru Shah and the End of Time – Since June
- Crier’s War – Since June
- Descendant of the Crane – Since June
- Patron Saints of Nothing – Since July
- The Gilded Wolves
- Hungry Hearts
- Night of the Dragon
- White Fox
- Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From
- White Fox
- Iron Heart – started in August
- The Damned
- A Torch Against the Night
- Goddess in the Machine
- The Best Laid Plans
- The Dragon Republic
- From Twinkle, With Love
- Late to the Party
- There’s Something About Sweetie
- We Are Not Free
- The Poppy War
- Only Mostly Devastated
- Now That I’ve Found You
- Finish my TBR from other months: do not start any other books. See, I felt so stressed this morning because I have a lot of books I need to finish.
- Post at least 2-3 times/week on the blog. School starts in one week and one day, so I will definitely not be commenting and posting as much. Some of my posts will be short updates/mini reviews/lists of what I am reading.
- Relax and feel calm about taking time for myself. This school year will be challenging, but I am going to be off social media a lot more since I need to focus and get my work done.
Yeah, obviously this massive TBR is stressing me out. I need to finish We Are Not Free, Iron Heart, and White Fox for sure because two of those are for book tours and I am part of the Faring Society. For some reason, I can’t focus these days, but at least I have my September TBR already set. A lot of books on this TBR are re-reads and I’m at least halfway through at least a third of these books.
In August, I read 20 books! It would have been a lot more, but I read some really good ones that put me into a reading slump, such as:
These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong is still in my mind. (Humble-ish brag: I got an e-ARC from Netgalley even before it was available because I e-mailed the publisher. It was my first time, and I got one of the best YA books of 2020.)
The Poppy War and The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang changed my life and also she’s amazing! I heard Kuang speak at her TPW recap and now she is the #1 author I want to see in person.
Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles made me feel so seen!! I finally have a fantasy character who I can cosplay as. I loved all of the descriptions and characters, and I hope Angeles will take the worldbuilding farther in book 2 because the map was an amazing surprise.
I’d say this month was pretty good! My dual enrollment class is going very well and I am going to be a teacher’s assistant (TA) for one of my favorite teachers from last year. I got my first package from a publisher for Where Dreams Descend because of Shealea’s Asian Bloggers Directory!!! I also got a finished copy of We Are Not Free for the book tour by Colored Pages Tours, which is so cool (it comes out tomorrow).
Mentally, it could’ve been better. I deleted Twitter, so that really helped me. I only want to focus on my bookstagram and blog, but mostly my bookstagram because it really is my first joy. I joined the book community to share pretty pictures of books, and now some people say they’ve read books because of me, which is so kind.